Solved

Does a Nighttrain through the home country but not leaving the train count as an inbound journey?

Badge

I thought about getting the nighttrain from Basel to Amsterdam. So my journey starts at the evening in Switzerland and ends in the morning in the Netherlands. Does this count as an inbound journey because I am travelling through Germany which is my country of residence?

icon

Best answer by mcadv 28 May 2022, 13:30

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes of course and in some cases even as BOTH OUT and IN. This train is not at all non-stop, but makes at least a dozen or so-in many ….burgs.

Merkwürdig-scheint ja als ob ja jeder junge Deutsche gearde dies fahren will and dabei alle die janz jleiche Frage haben.

As you will know: you can cross DE on the 9€ ticket, even more as once, but in Nahverkhr only.

Badge

Yes of course and in some cases even as BOTH OUT and IN. This train is not at all non-stop, but makes at least a dozen or so-in many ….burgs.

Merkwürdig-scheint ja als ob ja jeder junge Deutsche gearde dies fahren will and dabei alle die janz jleiche Frage haben.

As you will know: you can cross DE on the 9€ ticket, even more as once, but in Nahverkhr only.

Thank you for the answer. I thought i could somehow avoid traveling from one the ...burgs for 14 hours through germany with the DB by REs.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Thank you for the answer. I thought i could somehow avoid traveling from one the ...burgs for 14 hours through germany with the DB by REs.

Via Basel - Strassbourg - (Metz) - Luxembourg - Liege/Maastricht or  Brussels - Amsterdam you can avoid Germany but will take quite longer