Solved

Does Eurail Cover Geneva Airport

Hello! I am new to Eurail and have been reading and using the app but am still quite confused!

My husband and I purchased the Eurail global pass for our first trip to Switzerland and France.

We’re trying to get from Geneva Airport to Wengen. I see differing information on whether Eurail covers the train from Geneva to Lauterbrunnen (from which we’d purchase the ticket up to Wengen), as well as whether we can use the Eurail pass to get from Geneva Airport to the main Geneva station or if we have to purchase a ticket for that too. Any advice is greatly appreciated!!

Thank you so much!

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 6 May 2024, 01:05

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes sure, Geneva Airport is the departure point of all trains to the rest of the country. Your pass is 100% valid.

There are 2 hourly trains to Bern, where you'll change towards Interlaken Ost. Departures from the airport at xx:32 and xx:48.

The Lauterbrunnen - Wengen little train is also 100% included. Only the bit further up to Kleine Scheidegg isn't (and Rail Planner shows it incorrectly).

Basically all Swiss trains (except those going to uninhabited peaks) are included. Boats on Lake Thun and Brienz are too! Otherwise you often get a 25-50% discount (for example to Jungfraujoch or Schilthorn).

Feel free to ask anything, we'll gladly answer. :)

Thank you this is such a relief! The Eurail website was kind of ambiguous when I was looking - or maybe I was in the wrong place. I appreciate the help!