Solved

Does Porto - Barcelona and Marseille- Porto count as a 1 day trip each?

• 18 February 2022
  • 1 reply

Hello. I want to start my journey in Porto - Portugal, then visit Barcelona and Marseille. Doesn't the travel from Porto to the first destination and the return to Porto, from our last destination, count as a 1 day trip, each?

icon

Best answer by mcadv 18 February 2022, 12:14

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

No-it is quite different. Most passes work with (just read the site-it is all in there!) by traveldays: on ANY chosen day (you have to fill this out on paper passes or it is activated automatically on mobile passes) you can use as many trains as you can find/manage. After 23.59 the new day starts and thus another travelday.

The route you describe by train is quite difficult and does not have that many trains. You had better inform yourself about how the route goes. Most likely first north to Galicia (Vigo or so), then a TRENFE=spanish rails superfast train to Madrid and change for Barca. ALL fast trans in Spain must make REServation and extra to pay. Even more so for over the border ES->FR.

On a global pass you can make 1 trip OUT and `IN-in your own country. This must be done on traveldays-but as noted, you can continue on same travelday to MAD (and maybe Barca) with a very early start from Oporto.

BTW-I have no idea how easy it is to make the needed REServations whithin PT-ask CP at an office! It cannot be done online!