Solved

Does the 2-day inbound/outbound rule count for EVERY pass?

• 13 June 2022
  • 5 replies

Hey,

I am studying abroad next to my home country and got a two months interrail ticket. I am aware that there is the inbound/outbound rule but I don’t find anything about if this counts for all tickets (even for those where you could technically travel ever day). Does this rule apply for all interrail tickets or only for these where you have limited travel days? Can I travel to my home country from my student residency as often as I want? 

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by seewulf 13 June 2022, 20:41

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hey,

I am studying abroad next to my home country and got a two months interrail ticket. I am aware that there is the inbound/outbound rule but I don’t find anything about if this counts for all tickets (even for those where you could technically travel ever day). Does this rule apply for all interrail tickets or only for these where you have limited travel days? Can I travel to my home country from my student residency as often as I want? 

Thanks in advance!

This 2days Inbound/Outbound Rules counts for every Interrail Globalpass :)

Hey,

Thanks in advance!

Thanks! Do you know if I could buy a German Rail Pass when I have a residency outside of Germany, even though I am a german citizen?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you already have an Interrail pass and not are a resident of Germany you should be able to use Interrail in Germany. Or did you put Germany as country of residence for your Interrail pass? 

You can buy a German Rail pass if you are a resident of another country than Germany. As you are a German citizen you need to have some proof of residency in that other country.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hey,

Thanks in advance!

Thanks! Do you know if I could buy a German Rail Pass when I have a residency outside of Germany, even though I am a german citizen?

If you have a proof of the foreign residence.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

In andere Posten sagt bahn.de noch immer das die DE-R-Pass NUR fuer diejenigen die sonst EUrail nutzen koennen=also ausser EUR, gilt. Dann sollte mann zB also in USA oder JPN studieren mit Nachweis. Oder bloss im Gedraenge und Zeitverlust mit 9€ ticket fahren