Solved

Does the Benelux Pass include Eurostar from London to Brussels?

• 4 March 2022
  • 5 replies

Good evening all,

I’m planning a trip for the end of August including Belgium & The Netherlands coming from the US, and we’ll be flying in and out of London Heathrow. I’ve been looking at the Benelux Pass, and while this website says Eurostar from London to Brussels is included with the pass, the trip planner is telling me to purchase global passes, and I cannot find any further information in regards to it. I have two general questions to ask:

1. Does the Benelux pass truly include the Eurostar from London to Brussels? And if so, would that cover London to Amsterdam?
  2. Do the days of traveling run consecutively? Or can I space 4 days of travel (per se) over a weeks long trip.

Thanks in advance. This will be my first trip to Europe and I’m used to simply dealing with airports and rental cars in the States.

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 4 March 2022, 02:46

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I’ve been looking at the Benelux Pass, and while this website says Eurostar from London to Brussels is included with the pass,

Can you say where it says so? Do you have the page URL? I think this is incorrect. Only for Brussels - Amsterdam the Benelux pass could be used.

1. Does the Benelux pass truly include the Eurostar from London to Brussels? And if so, would that cover London to Amsterdam?

As far as I know, you need a global pass for the pass fares from London on Eurostar.

Normal fares can be quite cheap though (a bit over the pass fare) if you book early, e.g. on www.eurostar.com.

1. Do the days of traveling run consecutively? Or can I space 4 days of travel (per se) over a weeks long trip.

The days do not run consecutively. It's days in a month, e.g. 3 March until 2 April.

You may want to check though if a Benelux pass is worth it. For Belgian domestic fares, check www.belgiantrain.be. For Dutch domestic fares, check www.ns.nl, for fares between the Netherlands and Belgium, check www.nsinternational.com.

Thanks for the quick reply and the clarification. This page is where I got the information about the Benelux pass including London. Check the attached screenshot as well. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for the quick reply and the clarification. This page is where I got the information about the Benelux pass including London.

Thanks, that looks incorrect; I reported it to Eurail.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Additional: you are likely planning for summer. The current schedule for €* is minimal-due to covid, expected to slowly come back to normal situation if situation improves.

IF you only want to visit these and have no reason to then return to UK/LON, consider flying on ´open jaw´=DEp from other point, interconti, as ARRival. So you do not have to return same way without much need.

Tickets on the hourly local trains BRU-AMs, and in fact for ANY (BE-stop) to NLstop ar cheaper if you book at least 7 days advance, not valid mo-fr <9.00, but no enforced trains to use!

The tipical places here in NL where about any 1st time USAer wants to go are often pretty close to AMS and many do not even have trains, but local buses. The mainstream touristy forum tripadvisor has about any conceivable thing already answered.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Tickets on the hourly local trains BRU-AMs, and in fact for ANY (BE-stop) to NLstop ar cheaper if you book at least 7 days advance, not valid mo-fr <9.00, but no enforced trains to use!

With this "early bird” ticket, you can also travel before 9 AM; this fare never had this restriction. www.nsinternational.com explicitly says you can use any train on the date chosen.