Solved

Does the Pass include 1 Inbound and 1 outbound trip per travel day or per Pass?

I was thinking about getting the 2 month continuous pass and I was wondering what the situation is in regards to inbound and outbound trips, my country of residence is ireland and I was hoping to be able to come in and out somewhat regularly. I read on the information page that it said you are allowed 1 inbound and 1 outbound trip from your country of residence during travel days and i was wondering does that mean your allowed 1 inbound and 1 outbound trip per travel day or would that be 1 inbound and 1 outbound over the duration of the 2 months. If its the latter I could understand how this would be fine for other countries as you can get a train to the border and then just pay to get back in yourself but the cheapest flights from ireland to mainland europe are in the range of 100 euros for return.

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 11 May 2022, 08:10

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The PASS is meant to explore foreign countries and hence you get a bonus in being also able to get out and at the end back IN again in homecountry.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The outbound/inbound rule says that you are allowed to travel on 2 days in your own country during the validity of your pass.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

As far as I know, there is no ferry included to Ireland. Only discounted. You can use discounts during the whole period of validity, you dont need to use a travelday for that, and therefore also no inbound or outbound day...

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

As far as I know, there is no ferry included to Ireland. Only discounted. You can use discounts during the whole period of validity, you dont need to use a travelday for that, and therefore also no inbound or outbound day...

But somehow you have to get from your Hometown to the Ferry Harbour.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

But somehow you have to get from your Hometown to the Ferry Harbour.

Sure. I was just picking up the askers logic that he understand this rule in mainland europe, where people can buy tickets from the border, but not in Ireland…