Don't know what Pass to buy

I'm not certain about how many days I would need to use out of my pass to take night trains, as on the web says that I would only need a day, but on my app on all the journeys with trains that arrive after midnight it says +1day.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

depends on exact routing. You can use any train to BOARD in 1 day-but if after reaching place you get off nighttrain you need further train to reach destination=you need new travelday. OR-if its short and in cheap country-buy local ticket.

IF you still cannot get hold of it-post route intended and someone can tell. Ciao

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I'm not certain about how many days I would need to use out of my pass to take night trains, as on the web says that I would only need a day, but on my app on all the journeys with trains that arrive after midnight it says +1day.

the Railplanner doesnt count the traveldays for you the + 1 there means just you arrive the next day :)
A Nighttrain usually take only one travelday the day when you board the train (day of depature) if you change after midnight for example you catch the Nighttrain Munich to Rome you have Travelday 1 till Rome if you wanna connect further for examples to Naples or Sicily you use a 2nd travelday as you need a active travelday when you get on a train.