Solved

Doubt about the refund in the exchange of pass

• 17 July 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello, for personal reasons I will not be able to make the Interrail trip that I had planned for this August. I received the pass thanks to the raffle carried out by DiscoverEU, and I would like to use it in the summer of 2023. To do this, since this year's pass will expire, I have read that an exchange is necessary, and I have to buy a new pass first, and later, contact you for the refund of the older Interrail pass. My question is that, if I have received the trip through DiscoverEU, I am also entitled to this exchange and subsequent reimbursement, in order to be able to carry out my long-awaited trip in the summer of 2023. Thank you in advance.

icon

Best answer by mcadv 18 July 2022, 13:55

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You need to contact DiscoverEU about this, but from what I read at the DiscoverEU website you can't exchange that pass. If you can't travel you need to inform DiscoverEU so that they can let someone else use the pass. They have people on a waiting list. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

In fact-what I understand from other postings-myself much too old for this-they allow you a budget of 251€ for travel=exactly the price of a 7day pass for junior, so most take that as it gives best value. Thus it has nothing to do with regulations on normal passes. You should have realised this before you entered the lottery

In fact-what I understand from other postings-myself much too old for this-they allow you a budget of 251€ for travel=exactly the price of a 7day pass for junior, so most take that as it gives best value. Thus it has nothing to do with regulations on normal passes. You should have realised this before you entered the lottery

I know