Solved

Driving multiple times through country of residence

• 22 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello,

me and my friends from Germany are planning to buy an interrail Ticket to travel through Europe. Am i understanding correctly that we are only allowed to drive one time out of Germany (our country of residence) and then back to germany at the time our Trip ends? If that is the case: Are we allowed to drive multiple times through Germany but only in Order to arrive to another locations? Germany is really central in Europe and in Order to get to some citys we have to drive through Germany again. 

I hope someone here can help us. 

Thank you for reading.

icon

Best answer by Hektor 22 January 2023, 14:38

View original

3 replies

Nein, das ist nicht (zusätzlich) erlaubt. 

Beziehungsweise müsste man für ein Durchqueren von Deutschland hier einen der beiden Fahrttage im Wohnsitzland verwenden (sollte man noch welche haben). Die kann man grundsätzlich frei nutzen (aber halt nur an zwei Tagen). Das muss also auch nicht am Anfang / Ende der Reise sein.

Regel: An zwei Fahrttagen kann man auch im Heimatland reisen.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I am sorry to disappoint you but the rule is actually simple.

During the period of your pass you are able to use your pass in your country of residence on up to any 2 travel days of your allowance as if you were in any other country in the pass network.

These are confusingly named In and out days but they can be used in any way that you wish.

They are not extra days, but included in your allowance.

They cannot be added to, nor are they different in number for any length of pass (i.e. max 2)

ANY journey crossing your COR and stopping at a station in said COR, will trigger one of those 2 days, even if you do not leave the train. This is done automatically by the app and it will advise you and require confirming before adding it to your pass.

There are a very few rail tracks that pass in and out of a European country without stopping at a station in that country.

So criss crossing your COR is not possible.

Nein, das ist nicht (zusätzlich) erlaubt. 

Beziehungsweise müsste man für ein Durchqueren von Deutschland hier einen der beiden Fahrttage im Wohnsitzland verwenden (sollte man noch welche haben). Die kann man grundsätzlich frei nutzen (aber halt nur an zwei Tagen). Das muss also auch nicht am Anfang / Ende der Reise sein.

Regel: An zwei Fahrttagen kann man auch im Heimatland reisen.

I am sorry to disappoint you but the rule is actually simple.

During the period of your pass you are able to use your pass in your country of residence on up to any 2 travel days of your allowance as if you were in any other country in the pass network.

These are confusingly named In and out days but they can be used in any way that you wish.

They are not extra days, but included in your allowance.

They cannot be added to, nor are they different in number for any length of pass (i.e. max 2)

ANY journey crossing your COR and stopping at a station in said COR, will trigger one of those 2 days, even if you do not leave the train. This is done automatically by the app and it will advise you and require confirming before adding it to your pass.

There are a very few rail tracks that pass in and out of a European country without stopping at a station in that country.

So criss crossing your COR is not possible.

Thank you both very much!