Solved

End of travel days

• 2 July 2021
  • 6 replies

Heyyyy,

I’m glad you found your way to my question :)

A few days ago I have bought the interrail pass “22 days - each day travelling” and I wonder if I can use a train on the 22nd day over night. In other words, the train will arrive on the next day, the 23rd but departs on the 22nd.

Do you know if this is possible?

Greetings from Austria

icon

Best answer by Nanja 5 July 2021, 09:54

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi Lisa,

Fear not, it is very possible and entirely legitimate!

The rules around overnight trains used to be a bit convoluted, but now they are incredibly simple - it is only the time you catch the train that matters, when you get off it is irrelevant.

Have a good trip, whenever that may be :-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@EdM  carefull this can cause trouble as all trips have to be done within the Pass Validity :/ This means the pass still must be valid on the arrival and the continous pass expires with day 22 :/  Even if the Day of Depature matters for Flexpasses :/

Example with Flexpasses  Valid 1st June till 30th June you couldn´t catch a Nighttrain that starts at 30th June and arrives at 1st July :/ as the 1st July is out of the validity time of the Pass :/  starting with Nighttrain on 29th June with arrival 30th June is no problem :)

@lisaistravelling  sorry according the official rules it´s not possible as your pass expires on the 22nd day :/

Maybe @Nanja  can give a aproved answer :)

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Mortified :flushed:

I’ll, errm, try harder to look before I leap next time! Sorry about that...

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@seewulf is right :relaxed: Even though the day of departure is the travel day counted, you cannot use your pass for a night train that departs on the last day your pass is valid. Both the day of departure and day of arrival have to be within the period for which your pass is valid.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Mortified :flushed:

I’ll, errm, try harder to look before I leap next time! Sorry about that...

No worries @EdM, I get your line of thought! :relaxed:

@seewulf is right :relaxed: Even though the day of departure is the travel day counted, you cannot use your pass for a night train that departs on the last day your pass is valid. Both the day of departure and day of arrival have to be within the period for which your pass is valid.

Thank you very much for all if your answers! It helped me a lot - thanks for taking the time to response! ☺️