Solved

Eurail first class global pass

• 25 April 2023
  • 4 replies

I bought a first class Eurail Global Pass and booked and paid for a first class reservation/seat. My ticket has turned up and it is a standard seat. Not standard premier. What do I do to correct this? 

icon

Best answer by Al_G 25 April 2023, 22:05

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

That's weird, maybe there were no 1st class/Standard Premier seats left ?

What is the Eurostar departure time ? You can check availability here : https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Booking/Pass#TravelWish

If there is a later or sooner departure with Standard Premier available, I'm sure you'll be able to change your reservation (for a small fee maybe though)

Unfortunately Eurostar sells out weeks in advance...

Thank you for your reply and the link. 

interestingly the link doesn’t even list the train we have booked. 

This morning my son did his booking with his Eurail Global pass (first class) and reserved one first class reservation and he too was sent a standard seat.

My husband has been dealing back and forwards with Eurail and Eurostar but they have now very politely told us that there is nothing wrong with the app and the policy is that there can be no changes once booked. 

The only reason we bought a first class Eurail pass was for this particular Eurostar journey - so all very disappointing. NZ is a long way away, and we are getting old,  so this was our first and last chance to do this. 

Thank you again for your helpful response. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

interestingly the link doesn’t even list the train we have booked. 

That could mean pass holder seats are now fully booked, because it only shows trains with availability.

This morning my son did his booking with his Eurail Global pass (first class) and reserved one first class reservation and he too was sent a standard seat.
My husband has been dealing back and forwards with Eurail and Eurostar but they have now very politely told us that there is nothing wrong with the ap and the policy is that there can be no changes once booked.

How much did you pay? 1st class is more expensive than 2nd on Eurostar.:

• 1st class: €38/€43 + booking fee
  • 2nd class: €30/€35 + booking fee

(The higher amounts are to/from Amsterdam.)

Also keep in mind that they will still offer 2nd class if 1st is fully booked and 2nd class isn't.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

That all sounds rather odd.

Can you post actual details? How much you paid, what date, train and seats you have been allocated.

With a 1st class pass there is always the option to reserve both 1st or 2nd class, as long as seats are available. If 1st class sells out earlier you will still be offered 2nd class reservations.

The link @thibcabe provided is an alternative place to book Eurostar reservatons for passholders, it won’t show trains that have reached the quota and are full for passholders.