Solved

Eurail for multiple travelers

• 27 March 2022
  • 6 replies

I am traveling to Spain at the end of September 2022.  I am traveling with 3 other travelers.

1. May I order (and pay for) all 4 Eurail passes myself?
  2. May I make tickets and reserved seats for all 4 passengers?
  3. I am making 3 trips at the end of September 2022 and the first week of October 2022.  Can the ‘3 days 1 month’ restriction span months (Sep-Oct in this case)?

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 27 March 2022, 22:23

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
  1. Yes you may.
  2. Yes you may. You can have all passes on one phone if you like.
  3. Yes it can. You can freely choose the first day of validity. If that's on e.g. 20 September, then the last day of validity is 19 October.

If you're only making 3 trips, do check if buying separate tickets isn't cheaper than Eurail plus reservations. For Spain, you can check RENFE and Rail Europe for normal tickets. You probably can't check prices for September yet but if you check prices for next month (or however far you'll probably be booking in advance), you'll have an idea.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

1.) Yes of course
2.) yes you can do it (Please read suggestion below after the answers)
3.) There is no 3 days in a month pass anymore 4days in a month is the next pass that suits your suggestion. and yes the months start when you like (usually first day of travel) e.g. the Pass would be valid 25th September to 24th October :)

As you just have 3 trips by rail and depending where you travel. It can be cheaper to book advance fares, promotional tickets or so called “SaverFares”

For example in Spain,France,Italy you have to pay ontop of the Railpass for reservation on the Highspeed services :/ (advance fares from the operating railcompanies already include the seatreservation.)

Or in Countries like Czech Republic, Poland , Hungary train trips are pretty cheap and often standard tickets are cheaper as the value of a travelday :)
to give a more precise answer you may let us know which Countries / Routes you intend to visit. :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

3.) There is no 3 days in a month pass anymore

For a one country pass there is :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

3.) There is no 3 days in a month pass anymore

For a one country pass there is :)

Yes you are right i assumed a Globalpass :D

Eurail -

Thank you for your prompt reply to my questions.  I am reasonably competent with online systems - but you could help me with a start on these trips:  what website do I use; how do I identify all 4 passengers; how do I specify 4 tickets and 4 reserved seats. 

1.  September 22 high speed train Madrid to Barcelona (we are flying from Barcelona to Granada)   

2.  September 28 Granada to Seville

3.  October 1 Seville to Madrid

Thank you.

WJV

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The best is to book these reservations at a Spanish ticket office as soon as you arrive in Spain. A few days in advance is normally OK.