I have (already) bought a Eurail Global Pass (coming first time to Europe with spouse). Budget is my BIG concern & I want to take full benefit of this pass (for cheap travel wherever possible).
I am concerned about traveling to (& within Italy) on this Pass. The major routes that I want to travel (on different days) using this pass include; I want to avoid seat reservations where ever possible and I welcome all any advice.
- Lucerne to Milan (Dec 23rd) - I’d like to visit nearby attractions like Lake Como on Dec 24th.
- Milan to Florence (Dec 25th) - Maybe visit Pisa/Cinque Terre on Dec 26th
- Florence to Naples (Dec 27th) - I know time’s a concern and if I could, I’d love to see Amalfi coat or any other southern towns
- Naples to Rome (Dec 28th) - I’m in Rome for 3 days before I fly back on 31st Dec.
So my questions are:
- I need help/guidance to find a cheap/free train from the above locations (or some nearby location) till Rome while utilizing Eurail Global Pass.
- Suggestions if I can add a manual route in the app (like if there is a nearby major station with better train options)
- Any other suggestions/tips to fully utilize (as much possible) the Eurail Global Pass within Italy (on my required routes)
- Any other alternate (cheap) option to travel between the locations I mentioned above.
These are the routes I found on the rail planner along with some manual entries.
Best answer by Al_GView original