Solved

Eurail global pass, mobile version to travel in France Switzerland Netherlands

• 27 February 2022
  • 2 replies

I would like to purchase 7 days eurail global pass to travel in France, Netherland and Switzerland.

I prefer to purchase mobile pass version instead of traditional paper, questions

1. Understand that, Mobile pass is applicable only in France, how do i get train ticket/ book seat for train in Netherland and Switzerland? or I contact counter service at each train station to book seat
  2. In France, if i reserve seat in Mobile app, how do I deposit money in or how to pay the reservation fee?

Thank you 

Nimit

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 27 February 2022, 14:30

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
  1. The mobile pass is valid in all countries mentioned. The pass is your train ticket. For most long-distance trains in France and from/to France, you need to book a reservation in addition to your pass. This can be done at the ticket office or online via Eurail (the latter is more expensive: extra 2 EUR fee per person and train). French railways stopped selling pass reservations online, unfortunately. Domestic trains in the Netherlands cannot be reserved. Domestic trains in Switzerland can be reserved but that's a waste of money in my opinion: almost nobody does it and there usually enough space.
  2. The app redirects to a website, where you can pay with a credit card.

Thank you