Solved

Eurail in Switzerland: Does it offer a 25% discount for all BOB routes?

• 19 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello, I am planning on traveling from Interlaken to Grindelwald and then Grindelwald to Lauterbrunnen and then Lauterbrunnen back to Interlaken. I am aware that the Eurail Global Pass offers a 25% discount when traveling from Interlaken to Grindelwald, but will it offer the discount for my trips from Grindelwald to Lauterbrunnen and then Lauterbrunnen back to Interlaken?

I think I know the answer, but I just wanted to be careful extra as a first-time visitor to Europe. 

Thank you very much! 

icon

Best answer by Hektor 19 March 2023, 15:39

View original

1 reply

Hello, I am planning on traveling from Interlaken to Grindelwald and then Grindelwald to Lauterbrunnen and then Lauterbrunnen back to Interlaken. I am aware that the Eurail Global Pass offers a 25% discount when traveling from Interlaken to Grindelwald, but will it offer the discount for my trips from Grindelwald to Lauterbrunnen and then Lauterbrunnen back to Interlaken?

I think I know the answer, but I just wanted to be careful extra as a first-time visitor to Europe. 

Thank you very much! 

It does.

Be aware that the cheap route from Grindelwald to Lauterbrunnen is going back to Zweilütschinen where you need to change to Lauterbrunnen. The interesting route via Kleine Scheidegg is much more expensive (and is not operated by BOB so I assume you are not meaning this anyway as your topic is: Eurail in Switzerland: Does it offer a 25% discount for all BOB routes?).

Be aware that it is the same train from Interlaken to Zweilütschinen anyway. One part is for Grindelwald, one part is for Lauterbrunnen.