Solved

Eurail Pass - Not in Pass Network

• 21 September 2022
  • 5 replies

Hello all, 

I am looking to purchase an eurail pass for my trip in December, however when I am trying to create the journey so I can connect it once I’ve bought the pass, it keeps coming up saying Not In Pass Network. Does this mean I can’t use the pass for this journey? The journey is Zurich Airport to Wengen. 

icon

Best answer by MartinM 21 September 2022, 10:30

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey Carlissa,

you can use the EURAIL pass from Zurich airport until Interlaken Ost. From Interlaken Ost you have to buy a separate ticket until Wengen - check price on the Swiss railways website.
There are also several pass offers for the Jungfrau region, which include this train.
Check the Top of Europe Pass and the Regionalpass Berner Oberland. They include the train to Wengen (but not the train to Interlaken from Zürich).

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Check also the website https://benefitsportal.eurail.com/? if you can get discount to get to Wengen or the Jungfraujoch region.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you only will be travelling in Switzerland there are other options than a Eurail pass.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Even better: for IN the Swiss the various passes do include most of those trains not in the EUrail-pass. But it will all depends on your other travel plans what will work out best

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey Carlissa,

you can use the EURAIL pass from Zurich airport until Interlaken Ost. From Interlaken Ost you have to buy a separate ticket until Wengen - check price on the Swiss railways website.
There are also several pass offers for the Jungfrau region, which include this train.
Check the Top of Europe Pass and the Regionalpass Berner Oberland. They include the train to Wengen (but not the train to Interlaken from Zürich).

With Eurail you get 25% discount on the travel between Interlaken Ost and Wengen. To get the discount you need to buy the ticket at a ticket office in Switzerland. If you have a Eurail flexi pass you don’t need to use a travel day if you only use trains where you get less than 100% discount on a day.