Solved

Eurail refund after pass has been activated

I activated my pass already but I want to refund it because it has been too much of a pain to try to get seat reservations everywhere I want to go. It takes me hours to book any seat reservation. I am okay with getting the 85% partial refund. My pass says I have used 1/15 travel days, though I haven’t taken a single train in Europe so far so I don’t know why it says that. How do I get a refund? 

icon

Best answer by MartinM 31 July 2022, 19:15

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

If it takes you hours to book a seat reservation, then the problem is probably not EURail…

usually a seat reservation is done in less than 5mins. 95% of trains don’t Need any reservation.

in France and Italy you have good alternatives with reservation free regional trains 

Hi, Jessica. I’m scare too. I’ve already bought a Global Pass for two months, 10 days, but I cannot find how to do my reservations, my travel is on September. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi, Jessica. I’m scare too. I’ve already bought a Global Pass for two months, 10 days, but I cannot find how to do my reservations, my travel is on September. 

Where do you plan to go? 

Badge +5

There is lots of advice on this site about how to reserve just about anything. Find a few minutes to read it!

From Madrid to Barcelona first on September 19 first. My Global pass es 1er class (I supposed I could save some money and I’m going with someone who es older). Then I’m plan to go from Barcelona to London, etc. Do you speak Spanish? Thanks MartinM

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

From Madrid to Barcelona first on September 19 first. My Global pass es 1er class (I supposed I could save some money and I’m going with someone who es older). Then I’m plan to go from Barcelona to London, etc. Do you speak Spanish? Thanks MartinM

Best if you check out this thread 

If you still have questions after, feel free to ask ;)

no, I don’t speak Spanish. Only English, German and Russian :)

Badge +5

If you get stuck one of the experienced people on this site will be able to help and some do speak Spanish. Do your homework first though - we are not a planning service! Barcelona to London is one of the most expensive journeys you can make and there are dozens of options depending on your timescales. Follow the link in MartinM reply!!

I’m just asking. Is my first time, that I’m doing that. I want to speak with Nanja, but since I don't know how to work this page, I just send a message but is not for you necessarily.

Best if you check out this thread 

If you still have questions after, feel free to ask ;)

Thanks MartinM, I’ve read your post, I think is going to help many people. I still need more information to travel from Madrid to Barcelona. I’m already contact Nanja, I hope she can help me. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Re Madrid to Barcelona there are several fast trains every day (1 or 2  per hour). They all need reserving before travel. Booking reservations outside Spain can be difficult. On arrival in Spain just go to the ticket office and they will arrange a booking on an available train.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Pochemu ty govorishʹ po-russki? 😅

“Only” 3 :D 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I activated my pass already but I want to refund it because it has been too much of a pain to try to get seat reservations everywhere I want to go. It takes me hours to book any seat reservation. I am okay with getting the 85% partial refund. My pass says I have used 1/15 travel days, though I haven’t taken a single train in Europe so far so I don’t know why it says that. How do I get a refund? 

As soon as you activate you pass and choose a start date that day is made a travel day even if you haven't connected any journeys to that day. You need to remove that travel day and deactivate your pass in order to get a refund of the pass. 

There is info about how to get a refund on the ordering info in your account. If you don't find it, please ask here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks MartinM, I’ve read your post, I think is going to help many people. I still need more information to travel from Madrid to Barcelona. I’m already contact Nanja, I hope she can help me. 

Nanja doesn't work with answering questions about reservations.

You need to give your travel details  (departure date, time and route) here in the Community and you will get advice from the experienced travellers.