Solved

Eurail validity

Hi I purchased the eurail pass 10 days in 1 month ticket recently and I was wondering for overnight trains does it utilise 1 or 2 days out of my 10 days?

For example I will be departing Switzerland on the 3/6/22 at around 9pm and I will be arriving in Amsterdam on 4/6/22 at around 8 am. Does that count as 1 or 2 days out of my 10 days?

Would gladly appreciate any answers, thanks !

icon

Best answer by Sven 8 May 2022, 14:32

View original

5 replies

Only the departure day for the Nighttrain is a travelday. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi I purchased the eurail pass 10 days in 1 month ticket recently and I was wondering for overnight trains does it utilise 1 or 2 days out of my 10 days?

For example I will be departing Switzerland on the 3/6/22 at around 9pm and I will be arriving in Amsterdam on 4/6/22 at around 8 am. Does that count as 1 or 2 days out of my 10 days?

If you board the night train BEFORE midnight, it counts as 1 travel day.

You can take as many trains as you want on June 3, from 0u00 at 23u59.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

And DO get used that noone here in EUR uses that silly am/pm system-we can count beyond 12.

Hi, thanks for the response, so does that mean it takes 2 days out of my 10 days since my train is effectively at 2100 on the 3/6/22?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi, thanks for the response, so does that mean it takes 2 days out of my 10 days since my train is effectively at 2100 on the 3/6/22?

If you take the night train on the 3rd arriving on the 4th, that will be one travel day. You can earlier on the 3rd take as many trains as you like.

If you on the 4th, after having left the night train, take another train, only then another travel day will be used.

As the night train arrives on the 4th, the 4th must be within the validity of the flexi pass.