Solved

Eurorail

• 11 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I have two granddaughters who are going to Spain and Italy the end of June, not a specific date yet.

In Spain, they will arrive in Madrid and take day tours for one week. Then they will go by train to Rome, and also take day trips. They will go back to Madrid by train, to take the flight back to go home. They have traveled to different countries, but always with their parents. They speak English, Spanish and French. They just graduated from high school and we are given them this trip as a graduation present. I don’t want for them to have problems locating where to buy tickets etc. I want to buy the pass.

Can they travel from city to city in Spain and Italy with the Eurorail pass? They will be in both countries a total of 16 days.

Could anyone please let me know what I need to do or if is best to get tickets daily at the train station.

Thank you very much in advance,

Patricia

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 12 April 2023, 00:03

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Without a more specific plan it's impossible to say what's best: a pass or regular tickets.

A consideration though would be to take a return flight from Italy and not from Spain; that's often possible at little extra cost. It's quite a long way from Italy back to Spain, so you'd avoid that.