Solved

eurostar and uk

• 18 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Good morning, i have few questionsI have to go from Turin to Bath by train from 30 October to 6 November, but the single tickets cost a lot and I saw that the global pass even just for a return trip could be worthwhile.I would leave from Turin to Paris (maybe on the 30th there are no trains so I would go by Flixbus with extra cost). from paris to london i have the eurostar. it is included at NO additional cost right? (i mean if i have to pay something for booking the seat is fine, i wanna know if i have to add the full ticket price, something like 300€ for a/r, o i don’t have to pay this eurostar return ticket but just pay smtg for seat reservation)then the train from london to bath is included even if England is not in european union?same for the return by  train from Paris to Turin. all this without additional costs (excluding any one way flixbus) with a global pass?
icon

Best answer by Angelo 18 September 2022, 16:32

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Firstly a Global Pass will allow you to travel on many trains throughout Europe. It has nothing to do with the EU so yes the UK is in the network. Once you have bought your pass you can travel on all the trains operated by the national railway companies and the only extras are reservations for fast and long distance trains, which vary from a few euros to a few tens (Eurostar is one of the most expensive at 30 euro each way (2nd class) or sleepers. Very occasionally there may be a tariff to travel on specific lines such as the Brenner Pass.

Travelling via Paris from Turin could be expensive and from Turin you may be better to consider through the Alps to Basle and on to Brussels to catch the E*.

In the UK there are no reservation fees after E*, but many of the trains to Bath have reservations available (advised).

It may not be an issue for you but remember you can only use the pass for 2 travel days in your own country (out of your full allowance).

thx! so everything is included in the pass just except some seat reservation

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Yes Eurostar is included in the Interrail Global Pass, you have to pay 30€ for a reservation (35€ London-Rotterdam-Amsterdam). You can book the reservation online, check here how it works. Keep in mind that seats for pass users are limited. 

From Turin to Paris there is a TGV service, reservation cost about 30-35€. The Frecciarossa Milan-Turin-Paris are not included (at the moment), but sometimes the normal ticket cost less than a reservation for Interrail. You can book the reservation online only via interrail.eu (+2€) or at Ticket Offices/Call Center of SNCF, SNCB/NMBS, FFS or NS. Via Call Center of SNCF and SNCB you get an e-reservation.