Solved

Eurostar seat reservation London to Amsterdam

I am trying to book a train from Amsterdam to London on July 31. I am new to the Eurail pass but am extremely confused/frustrated with how many trains require seat reservations but then do not provide you the option to do so on the Eurail website. Below is a screenshot of the error message I get when I try to book the train from Amsterdam to London: 

I genuinely have no idea what to do. Do I risk waiting until I get to Amsterdam on July 28th to book it at a train station there and hope that there are seats left? Any guidance at all would be VERY much appreciated.

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 7 June 2022, 23:49

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There are no more pass holder seats on 31 July on the direct Amsterdam - London trains.

There are still seats Brussels - London available on that day. You can connect from Amsterdam using the reservation-free intercity train (runs each hour).

There are no more pass holder seats on 31 July on the direct Amsterdam - London trains.

There are still seats Brussels - London available on that day. You can connect from Amsterdam using the reservation-free intercity train (runs each hour).

I can see that now. Thank you so so much for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The point is more that about each&any newbee on trains wants to use exactly those trains that are so pesky to REServe. In the past there was Rick Steves in the USA-who wrote many books and hints on how to do it without and still see amny interesting places