Solved

Exchange mobile pass to paper pass

• 23 July 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
  • Keeps calm and carries on
  • 14 replies

Can I exchange my mobile pass for a paper pass ?

icon

Best answer by Claudi. 25 July 2022, 09:43

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Not directly-only via the normal exchange (f.e. if one decides a pass for more/less days is needed). Also be aware that-depend on where you live and how you order- the term to receive by mail the paper pass can be weeks.

I see you are GB-first check-if that is wanted, if this oversubsrcibed €* has seats when you re long ago made careful plans (I assume) are thrown in the wind.

In GB there are still a few private agencies that also still can sell paper passes and send them speedily-with a fee for that to cover cost for UKmail. I remember Ffestiniog travel, there are more-use google. If that is wished, then you cancel mobile pass via normal way and hope that refund will not take too long.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

mcadv, many thanks for your reply 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

The only way to facilitate this exchange is by purchasing a new paper pass and getting in touch with our customer service team via email with both order numbers (old and new). We will refund the old pass and retain a €15 processing fee. Your mobile pass must be valid and inactive to be eligible for an exchange and certain promotional passes are non-refundable and non-exchangeable. Shipping lead time to deliver paper passes is currently longer than usual so please place your order in time :) 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Our vacation is due in October 2022. However I have been given October for medical treatment. Therefore we are trying to fix a vacation within 2 weeks. This is insufficient time to understand the complex mobile pass system. I have asked Interrail twice to urgently send me paper passes instead of mobile passes. However they just do not reply. Eurostar and European reservations have to be booked and there is very little time.

Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

You don’t need to have the pass in hand to get reservations.

The mobile pass isn’t that difficult to understand.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Interrail will not send you any paper passes unless you buy them. If you have mobile passes you need to make an exchange of passes which starts with you buying the new passes. To make an exchange of passes the conditions for the passes you have must allow an exchange. 

The delivery time for paper passes is quite long from what I have seen in the comments in the Community