Solved

Frustrated with the App. Where are my reservations?

We’re older travelers so maybe this app thing is simply beyond us bu then again, we use a lot of apps these days. But we followed instructions and downloaded the app. Online on the desktop I can see our reservations but somehow the app is not connecting to those reservations. How do we do this?  What is a trip? What is a journey? There are no definitions anywhere.  We named our tip online Our 2022 Trip on the desktop. Wouldn’t the pass connect to those reservations? But the app keeps wanting to set up new reservations.We’ve got a mere two days before we need the passes. Is there an actual human out there??

icon

Best answer by MartinM 2 May 2022, 08:34

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey Carol,

I don’t use the app but AFAIK you don’t have to connect the reservations with the pass. You just show the reservations when they ask you at the station (e.g. in Spain) or in the train (e.g. in Italy). 

Trip = your whole Interrail/Eurail time
Journey = a single trip of your trip :D

Thank you for your kind response, MartinM, To clarify, the reservations show up on the desktop. We have downloaded and printed the reservations which have qr codes. So other than those papers (reservations) what do we show the ticket taker? Is there a pass QR code somewhere? When we show the reservations there must be a pass code or something right? Thanks CS

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Reservations do not appear in the app. The planner in the app just warns you when it finds trains with mandatory reservations.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thank you for your kind response, MartinM, To clarify, the reservations show up on the desktop. We have downloaded and printed the reservations which have qr codes. So other than those papers (reservations) what do we show the ticket taker? Is there a pass QR code somewhere? When we show the reservations there must be a pass code or something right? Thanks CS

If you add a journey to your pass in the app, then you get a separate QR code (AFAIK).
So if you use a train which has mandatory reservations, you show the reservations with QR code + your QR code in the app. 
If you use a train without mandatory reservation, you just show the QR code generated in the app for your journey.

Thank you for your kind responses. We have all kinds of reservations--all made on the desktop. When we travel, how will the QR codes appear? What do we need to do to activate the codes? This may be intuitive to some, but not to us. ;(

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thank you for your kind responses. We have all kinds of reservations--all made on the desktop. When we travel, how will the QR codes appear? What do we need to do to activate the codes?

1. Look for your journey in the planner app.
  2. Add the journey to My Trip.
  3. Shortly before boarding a train, go to My Trip and add the journey to My Pass.

Also see the mobile pass FAQ.

So this works even if we don’t have a physical pass? Thanks for the helps.