Solved

German Interrail pass : Liège (Belgium) to Cologne (Köln, Germany)

• 11 August 2021
  • 4 replies

Hello everyone,

I would like to book a German interrail one country Pass. I saw that some international routes were included in the German Pass such as these following ones :

"The German Rail Pass is valid on the following direct routes: Cologne (Köln Hbf) - Brussels (Bruxelles-Midi) Cologne (Köln Hbf) - Liège (Liège-Guillemins)"

I would like to take my first train from Liège to Cologne right before getting to Frankfurt : would it work ? I don't know if the Pass includes just the route from Cologne to Liège or also the route from Liège to Cologne.

Thank you very much in advance for your answer.

icon

Best answer by Nanja 16 August 2021, 16:20

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Should be covered but maybe @Nanja can Confirm. 

I knew it for Sure for the GermanRailpass a offer for non Euopeans. Maybe Eurail combined yet both to one identical validity room. :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Good question! I will have to double check that. Let me come back to you on this

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Mazarine, apologies for the delay but we had to wait for confirmation from the carrier. 

The German Rail Pass is valid on the ICE trains (but only on the ICE trains, not on THALYS nor on Belgian IC and/or regional trains) between Bruxelles and Germany, this of course also includes the leg Liège-Germany.
Once in Germany, the ICE from / to Brussels can be taken like any other ICE for domestic travels as well. The only speciality of these trains is that German Rail Pass holders can use these ICEs also to/from Liège and Bruxelles without having to pay extra.

Thank you very very much for your answer! 😉