Solved

German residence permit holder without passport

• 19 June 2022
  • 5 replies

I have a residence permit in Germany , my passport is at the UK embassy, can I still travel outside Germany with the interrail pass? Can I activate the pass with my passport number even if don’t have it physically when traveling?, I just have a picture of it and a proof that my passport is at the embassy. 

icon

Best answer by Al_G 20 June 2022, 02:55

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

NO-one always needs to have a personal official ID on person to be able to show at all times-not just to railway officials.Thats should be obvious to anyone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you have a national ID card from a European country that shows your citizenship that should work.

Thanks for the answers, I don’t have a national ID from a European country.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I just have a picture of it and a proof that my passport is at the embassy. 

This will lead to serious problems if you ever need to show a form of ID. AFAIK you should always be able to produce the original.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

As well as issues with using a railpass you should also make sure you are entitled to entry if you are planning to leave the Schengen area, a German residency card for a foreign national does not give the same entry rights as a German passport holder. You would need your actual Passport and conform to any visa requirements applicable to your home country.