Solved

Germany Rail Pass vs Eurail Global Pass

• 29 July 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi, everyone, today when I looking for the Germany rail pass, I came across the Eurail website and found the Eurail Global Pass. After I compare the price of both with the same conditions, the price confused me, the Eurail global pass is cheaper. Despite my destination being Germany, I would also want to visit Salzburg(Austria). I know both types of pass cover Salzburg(a border city), but which one should I choose? And what is the difference between them if I mainly travel to Germany?

icon

Best answer by Angelo 29 July 2022, 17:23

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Yes I checked it, and the Eurail Global Pass is cheaper than the Eurail German Rail Pass.

For use it is the same, only that with an Global Pass you can use also other citys outside Germany. 

Only thing that you pay more is to use the DB-ÖBB Eurocity in Italy, where you pay 10€ fee with an Eurail Global Pass or Eurail One Country Italy Pass, but with the Eurail German Rail Pass it is for free. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

This is also the case for UK- they have BRITrail-and for longer periods that is also more expesnive (and gives the same rights in GB) as the global pass.

I think however that GRP also has a very few freebees or discounts on some places in DE-and global not. I do not really believe an average young Singy from that smart fine city would use that.

Note-if you come to DE soon-before 31/8 there is for only IN DE and for ONLY local trains -but also all bus,tram,metro a dirt cheap 9€ ticket, valid till last day of month. I have used it extensively. Lah. Dan selamat jalan, yah.