Solved

Germany to Amsterdam Pass Usage

• 27 June 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

I am traveling tomorrow from Munich (Pasing) to Rotterdam (Centraal). The journey is 8h 18min long with 3 change-overs. I am using Eurail Global Pass for my journey and it does not shoes need for any reservation:

• Munchen-Pasing to Duesseldorf Hbf - 0837 to 1310
  • Duesseldorf Hbf to Arnhem Centraal - 1326 to 1513
  • Arnhem Centraal to Utrecht Centraal - 1532 to 1607
  • Utrecht Centraal to Rotterdam Centraal - 1618 to 1655

I wanted to ask:

1. Should I follow the default route being given by RailPlanner app or is there a alternate/better route available?
  2. Is there a requirement to reserve seat for any leg of my  journey?
icon

Best answer by thibcabe 27 June 2023, 23:40

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You forgot to mention your travel date, which is important if you're asking for possible alternatives.

1. Never use the rail planner app to plan. It doesn't get updates frequently enough to be reliable. For this journey, check timetables on bahn.com.
  2. You can book a reservation for the first train (optionally), not for the others. Price on tickets.oebb.at is €3 or free of charge in 1st class.
Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Seat reservation optional for the first leg (9.80€ for the whole family on bahn.com). Looks like to have multiple seats available for tomorrow so simply head to the train's end and sit there (look for unreserved seats using the small screen on top of the seat).

There would be a better connection allowing a margin in Düsseldorf in case the ICE is delayed. It isn't shown on the app because connections under 5 min are not shown unless you change it. However you could totally take the one from Rail Planner.

- RB Düsseldorf Hbf - Venlo 13:48 - 14:56

- IC Venlo - Eindhoven Centraal 15:03 - 15:41

- IC Eindhoven Centraal - Rotterdam Centraal 15:44 - 16:46

Badge +2

Thanks.

I bought the reservation, but I guess it was not required 😊

Anyways, any idea, if I can get a free (Eurail Pass) train from Rotterdam to Amsterdam? The default route is showing 'supplement required'.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Anyways, any idea, if I can get a free (Eurail Pass) train from Rotterdam to Amsterdam? The default route is showing 'supplement required'.

That's an error in the planner. Supplements are only required with domestic tickets and Eurail is an international ticket.

Badge +2

What about requirement of reservations on NS Sprinter Trains?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

What about requirement of reservations on NS Sprinter Trains?

There's no such requirement. Do you see that anywhere?

"Sprinter” is NS newspeak for local train.