Solved

Global or one country pass Italy

• 23 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello! I am planning on going to Italy for about a month. However, the Italy Pass is more expensive than the global pass. Can I still use the global pass to only travel around italy? I mean, I’m not going to any other country.

icon

Best answer by Al_G 23 March 2023, 05:13

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

The one country - Italy pass should be cheaper than the global pass, perhaps you are not comparing the same type?

To answer your question, there is no restriction on how and where you use a global pass, you would be free to use it in one country if you want to.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

But there are mandatory seat reservations (3€ Intercity, 10€ Frecciarossa) with the Interrail/Eurail pass : Global or One-country while the Pass sold by Trenitalia might include them

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

But there are mandatory seat reservations (3€ Intercity, 10€ Frecciarossa) with the Interrail/Eurail pass : Global or One-country while the Pass sold by Trenitalia might include them

The Trenitalia pass includes reservations but works with travels instead of travel days. As soon as you switch trains with the Trenitalia pass you use a new travel.