Solved

Global pass coverage in Bulgaria

• 7 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello there, 

I was just wondering if the global pass covers all trains in Bulgaria as I am attending a film scoring camp there in July. Does it also cover the trains from Bulgaria to Bucharest, as well as over night train from Bucharest to Budapest

Additionally, what high speed trains does the global pass cover, especially in austria and germany? I am planning on taking a high speed one from berlin to vienna June 29 for overnight in Vienna from Berlin, and wanted to make sure i would not have to pay any extra fees

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 7 June 2023, 22:35

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Coverage works by companies and not types of trains. The vast majority of European trains are included. :)

All trains operated by BDZ (Bulgarian State Railways) are included. Train tickets in Bulgaria are very cheap so it isn’t worth to use a pass day.

All trains in Germany are covered except Flixtrain but it’s not really high-speed anyway.

Optional seat reservations in Germany, Austria and some other countries :

• 3€ per train through tickets.oebb.at
  • 4.50€ (soon 4.90€) per journey through bahn.com for journeys to/from/within Germany

Only one night train between Budapest can be booked online, this one (through tickets.oebb.at) : 14:50 - 05:20. Add Interrail/Eurail as a discount and select one-way tickets. For other trains : book at train stations in Romania, Germany, Switzerland + some other countries if you happen to visit them before. Not sure about Bulgaria.

Hi thx for that information. If i need additional seat reservation can i just pay right on eurail app, also if i want to take another train time can i replace different train time in my journey

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi thx for that information. If i need additional seat reservation can i just pay right on eurail app, also if i want to take another train time can i replace different train time in my journey

Reservations are 100% seperate and not connected to your Railpass. 
Some Reservations are refundable / exchangeable but not all and on some you pay a fee for the Refund/exchange 

On the pass itself you can change the trains at anytime but you have to be sure to have a reservation for the train if required