Solved

Global Pass for Dummies

• 27 July 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi there, 

We will be travelling to Barca -> London->Paris->Zermatt->Milan->Venice->Rome from Nov to Dec. And I'm very much interested in getting the 4 days package GlobalPass. My question is can this pass be use to the trains and buses within each city? 

Thank you in advance 

icon

Best answer by Yorkie 27 July 2022, 18:53

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi there, 

We will be travelling to Barca -> London->Paris->Zermatt->Milan->Venice->Rome from Nov to Dec. And I'm very much interested in getting the 4 days package GlobalPass. My question is can this pass be use to the trains and buses within each city? 

Thank you in advance 

Firstly Interrail/Eurail passes are not usable on local buses, but generally are usable on local trains operated by Interrail partners (As long as they are taken on one of your 4 pass days)

Secondly your post is a little confusing as you show 6 legs to your trip but plan to do them in 4 days - quite a challenge since Barcelona to London needs at least 2 days (unless you are flying?).London to  Paris  is OK in a day ,and Paris - Zermat may be doable in the same day. Zermat to Milan to Venice is probably doable with no stop in Milan and Venice to Rome is easily doable in a day.

So if your plans are all by train you need at least 5 days without stops in Paris and Milan, and 2 of those would be full days of travel.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Besides this it is also a quite unthoughtful trip to make this way-try to avoid as hell double track in/out of LON. Use a planner (it wil not work yet for dec-just use a samedayofweek to get rough idea) like that of bahn.com on how long trips take and what options there are. Then replan. Lah!

I still get surprised that suddenly about any outofcontinental wants to visit Zermatt-the outer end of the line car free tiny super expensive village. Swiss has so many more similar or better places.