Solved

Global Pass- inbound/ outbound

• 21 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Hello everybody!

I bought an interrail global pass (4 days in one month) and used already two days with outbound and inbound journey. Is it possible to use the other two days for another trip if I do not start my journey in my country of residence?

Is there someone who can help me please!?

Julie

icon

Best answer by Angelo 21 April 2023, 21:29

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi, yes this is possible. I did it twice. 

You are only not allowed to use it in your home country. 

For example: To Munich your Interrail pass is valid from Salzburg Hbf (you have maybe to add the trip manually and add the city Salzburg as Germany). 

Other border stations are: Kufstein, Passau, Brennero/Brenner, Tarvisio Boscoverde or Lindau-Reutin https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grenztarifpunkt#%C3%96sterreichische_Grenztarifpunkte_(gegen_den_Uhrzeigersinn)

Ok, that means when I live in Austria and used already inbound and outbound, I can travel from a neighboring country nevertheless. For example switzerland to france and from france back to switzerland. I just need a tickt from austria to the border of switzerland, is that right?

Thank you so much!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes exactly :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ok, that means when I live in Austria and used already inbound and outbound, I can travel from a neighboring country nevertheless. For example switzerland to france and from france back to switzerland. I just need a tickt from austria to the border of switzerland, is that right?

Thank you so much!

Yes, that is correct. 

That sounds perfect, thank´s to all!