Solved

Global pass (paper form) purchase and tracking

I had purchased Global pass (opted for paper form) online.  I did not get an email confirmation.  However under my eurail account the order status is marked as ‘paid’.  There is no tracking code.  How do I track it?  who do I contact and how?  what if it doesn’t arrive on time

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 10 June 2022, 11:15

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If there is no tracking code the paper pass has not been delivered to the Dutch Mail Service yet.

What was the expected delivery date when you bought the pass?

When will you travel?

If the pass isn't delivered as promised you will get a full refund. 

Eurail paper passes can be bought on several places and you always have the possibility to buy a mobile pass.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Is the Traveler's data correct on your Eurail account? Can you see your invoice?

Thank you AnnaB. That helps

Yes I can see the invoice and data is correct.

Typically how long does it take to be delivered to the Dutch Mail Service ? I got concerned when I didn’t get a confirmation email when I purchased and also expected a quicker update on the status.

Travel is few weeks away; however due date is only couple of dates before we start.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thank you AnnaB. That helps

Yes I can see the invoice and data is correct.

Typically how long does it take to be delivered to the Dutch Mail Service ? I got concerned when I didn’t get a confirmation email when I purchased and also expected a quicker update on the status.

Travel is few weeks away; however due date is only couple of dates before we start.  

I can understand your concern.  I hope that you will get your pass on time. I myself ordered a paper pass on the 9th of May and the promissed delivery date was 29th of May. I have however no tracking code yet. My trip is in the end of July.

If the delivery not is made on the promissed date you should get a full refund.

And you could buy a mobile pass. Paper passes are also sold on some bigger railway stations.

So you haven’t got the paper pass yet and no tracking code?  So are you still waiting for it or you cancelled?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

So you haven’t got the paper pass yet and no tracking code?  So are you still waiting for it or you cancelled?

I am still waiting.

It is not possible to cancel the pass until it has been delivered and if it comes too late you should not cancel it yourself, but let Customer Support make the cancellation and 100% refund.

I am still waiting.

It is not possible to cancel the pass until it has been delivered and if it comes too late you should not cancel it yourself, but let Customer Support make the cancellation and 100% refund.

This is worrying me Anna.  How do you contact customer support to cancel ? Have you contacted them?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I am still waiting.

This is worrying me Anna.  How do you contact customer support to cancel ? Have you contacted them?

You should not cancel yourself, but wait until after the promised delivery date and then inform Customer Support that you didn't get the pass and want a refund. Only then you will receive a 100 % refund. If you bought Plus there might be other rules.

Thanks Anna for the warning note.  How do you contact customer support to cancel ? I couldn’t find a contact for them yet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Thanks Anna for the warning note.  How do you contact customer support to cancel ? I couldn’t find a contact for them yet.

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new
This is the Contact Form for Customer Service.

Thanks you; you have been of immense help🙏🏼