Solved

Greek Island Pass or Global Pass

• 6 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello, 

I would like to explore the Greek Islands with Interrail. For this I found the "Interrail Greek Islands Pass 6 days within one month". However, I would like to travel longer than 6 days in total. I come from Germany and would like to go to Greece via Italy with several days stopover.

Unfortunately, the Greek Islands Pass only includes ferries to Greece and the islands, right?

Is the ferry trip from Italy to Greece and the domestic ferry trips included in the Global Pass?

Can I also use all international and national ferry connections with a 15 day global pass without additional costs?
Can I then also use the bus network in Greece with this ticket?

Thanks, Maike

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 6 March 2023, 11:30

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The 6 days/1 month pass includes max. 2 journeys between Italy and Greece.

Please see:

https://www.interrail.eu/en/interrail-passes/one-country-pass/greece-passes/greek-islands

Tip: the Greek Islands pass is only available as a paper pass. You can also buy this pass at a Deutsche Bahn ticket office and then you will have it immediately and without any postage charges.

A global pass will only give a discount on the ferries that are fully included in the Greek Islands pass. You can compare on e.g. www.anek.gr the fares.