Solved

Greek island pass - Pass Cover Number

• 15 June 2022
  • 7 replies

Hi, 

I have bought my paper copy from a Central Station and I have tried to book a ferry through blue star ferries webpage. They are asking me for the pass cover number. 

I assume that is the number right below the QR code.

When I put this number in the reservation form though I get a message that it is incorrect. 

Since I bought the ticket two days ago does the number need to be activated somehow?

Also, can someone that has used a greek islands pass confirm what number they have put in the form? 

Thank you,

Xen

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 15 June 2022, 11:11

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Have you looked at this?

https://www.interrail.eu/en/support/reservations/where-can-i-find-my-paper-pass-cover-number

I have seen this thread. There is no number on my interrail pass that starts from ‘I’.

Thanks Anna.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@seewulf @rvdborgt Any ideas? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Looks like they used a pass cover that should not be used anymore. Newer pass covers (since 2021) have the number (I + 8 digits) below the QR code. Slightly older pass covers (until 2020) have it on the inside of the travel diary, just above the control area.

Even older pass covers can have a number that starts with another letter. E.g. I have one from 2016 that has a D and 7 digits.

Older pass covers have a side with an address to send the travel diary to. At the right side, just below "No stamp required”, it should say from which year it is, e.g. "2016 Edition”.

I'd go back to the ticket office and ask for a correct pass cover.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@seewulf @rvdborgt Any ideas? 

@Xen Giagkou  do you got a PassCover  with your Pass? or just the Passitself? Usually you get a pass that then will be attached to a PassCover. Somewhere on the PassCover should be the the PassCoverNumber.

@AnnaB  Sometimes the stations sell the railpass without PassCover as they dont have them. In other cases you get pretty old passcovers from like years ago. :/

@seewulf and @rvdborgt thank you for your replies.

@seewulf I just got the pass itself and no cover. My pass was stapled on an advertising brochure.

What could I do in this case? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@seewulf and @rvdborgt thank you for your replies.

@seewulf I just got the pass itself and no cover. My pass was stapled on an advertising brochure.

What could I do in this case? 

That's an issuing error. I'd go back to the station and request a pass cover. The pass must be stapled to it.