Solved

Greek islands pass in Athens?

Hey!

I’m currently in Athens and I would like to buy the greek islands pass. The problem is that it’s not possible to buy the mobile pass for the greek islands, and that if I order it, it’ll take took much time to get here. I need it asap…

Is there a place in Athens where I can buy this pass? 

Thanks in advance

icon

Best answer by Nanja 27 June 2021, 12:28

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The best place to try in Athens is probably at the main railway station.

I tried but they told me they never heard of it. I went back another day, after a friend told me they bought one there last year, but then they told me that they stopped issuing the Greek Islands Pass a year ago… That’s very confusing

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I tried but they told me they never heard of it. I went back another day, after a friend told me they bought one there last year, but then they told me that they stopped issuing the Greek Islands Pass a year ago… That’s very confusing

That's very strange. Maybe check with OSE customer service if they still sell this pass and if so where?

https://www.trainose.gr/en/contact-us/

You could also try the ferry companies who accept the pass: Blue Star ferries and Hellenic Seaways. You could for example call their reservations telephone number and ask of they sell this Interrail pass or if they know where in Athens you can buy it. See page 10 in the Greek Islands Pass Guide:

https://www.interrail.eu/content/dam/pdfs/greek-islands-pass-guide.pdf

I’ve tried all of this before posting here :-( That’s very strange. And I spent 2h at the Athens station with a greek speaker, they tried for a long time. I’m going to try at the port of Piraeus, let’s see...

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I’ve tried all of this before posting here :-( That’s very strange. And I spent 2h at the Athens station with a greek speaker, they tried for a long time. I’m going to try at the port of Piraeus, let’s see...

Did the OSE customer service also say they don't sell it anymore?

Maybe there are travel agencies in Athens that sell rail tickets and maybe then also Interrail?

@Nanja, does Eurail have a list of resellers of Interrail, specifically for the Greek Islands Pass?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi WilCel, Interrail Passes are sold at the main (international) train stations in Europe; however, not in all countries, and not all Pass types may be available. As we only sell Passes online, we don't know which stations sell Interrail Passes or how much they cost. We recommend you ask at the train station for more information, like was already suggested. If they are not selling them, I am afraid the only way to purchase the Greek Island Pass is online. 

Hey, 

since your post is already some days old, I wonder if you could find the Greek islands pass in Athens? I have the same problem, I would like to buy the pass somewhere in Athens…

Thanks!

Greetings

Tabea

Hey Tabea, 

No I couldn’t. I went to the the train station a couple of times and called Blue Ferries, they both had no idea what I was talking about. 

I’ll order one but it won’t arrive before 2 weeks.

Best,

Celio

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

No I couldn’t. I went to the the train station a couple of times and called Blue Ferries, they both had no idea what I was talking about.

That's not very promising if you have to make a reservation for this pass by calling the same number...

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Please remove above post, illegal ´Werbung=advertising´.

Back to subject; there seems above to be big confusion between INterRail and Greek isalnd Pass=NOT the same!!

GR Islands pass is ONLY sold via the EU/INterRail webiste and ONLY valid on 2 ferry line; ANEK and SuperFast, which do NOT serve all islands.

Just google and you will get a 3 yr old touristy article about this and if its worthwhile at all.

Seems tipical for GR in general that noone seems to know details of things beyong the narrow scope of their own work