Solved

Help Required for Reservation from Italy to Germany

Badge +2

I have Eurail Global Pass and I am trying to book a reservation from Florence to Munich (4 x passengers):

• Firenze S.M.N. › Bolzano/Bozen - 13 Euros
  • Bolzano/Bozen  › Munich - Asking for supplement

Is there a better route available, where I can avoid the supplement? As the supplement is also I guess of 13 Euros.

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 22 June 2023, 22:14

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you use regional trains in Italy, you don't need any reservations or supplements. So use regional trains until Brenner.

In Austria and Germany, reservations are optional and no supplements are needed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Have a look at your previous post :

Angelo and myself gave you the route to follow.

It would take way too long to avoid the Florence - Bolzano train so book it.

Then regional trains to Innsbruck and from there the EC : 3€ optional reservation, very recommended → otherwise you’ll surely stand.

Badge +2

Then regional trains to Innsbruck and from there the EC : 3€ optional reservation, very recommended → otherwise you’ll surely stand.

You mean, I take a (free) regional train from Bolzano to Innsbruck.And from Innsbruck to Munich train (3 euro optional Reservation)? 

Can you confirm, how to get the optional reservation? Just simply buy a ticket from oebb.at of Innsbruck to Munich route?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes 2 regional trains :

• (FA Firenze S.M.N - Bolzano/Bozen 08:36 - 11:56 13€)
  • R Bolzano/Bozen - Brennero/Brenner 12:02 - 13:22
  • S Brennero/Brenner - Innsbruck Hbf 13:33 - 14:13
  • EC Innsbruck Hbf - München Hbf 14:40 - 16:27 3€

Or the exact same route 2h later.

3€ seat reservation on tickets.oebb.at yup

Badge +2

Thank you !

By the way, which app can show the updated details, including train & platform numbers in Italy and Germany?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Germany: DB Navigator app

Italy: TrenIt! app

Badge +2

FA Firenze S.M.N - Bolzano/Bozen 08:36 - 11:56

**6 minutes for changeover

R Bolzano/Bozen - Brennero/Brenner 12:02 - 13:22

I have not been to Bolzano/Bozen Train Station before. Can I know the train platforms to which I will be arriving at and changing to? Or is is the Bolzano train station big?? As I would be arriving with family (& luggage) and don't know if would be able to change the trains in 6 minutes?? As the next train would come at 1302

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

For track information always use the website or app of the national companies (Italy: TrenIt! app). This can always change last minute.

Bolzona isn’t very big (platform-wise). 6 minutes will do. Don’t worry about that, if you miss it. There’s always another train later.

Badge +2

Bolzona isn’t very big (platform-wise). 6 minutes will do. Don’t worry about that, if you miss it. There’s always another train later.

Yeah I know there will be trains after that. However, I am buying the reservation from Innsbruck to Munchen after this. And if I miss this Bolzana- Brennero train, I will also miss the above reservation from Innsbruck to Munchen.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

As said before. All trains in Austria and Germany have only optional reservations. You’ll be able to take the next train without reservation. (Or quickly make a new one on your phone via the ÖBB app or DB Navigator app). So still nothing to worry about.