Solved

How can I change the length of my pass?

Hello, I wanted to know how I can change my mobile passes from a 7-day pass to a 5-day pass for 2 people. I realized that I don’t need the extra 2 days, and I can save money on my pass by just changing my pass duration. Please let me know how to do this, as I will be traveling this month. I also want to know how the refund process will work, as I have not activated my pass yet either. 

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 15 May 2022, 19:40

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

You have to go to your account via the interrail website, and then you will see if you can cancel your pass or not, and at what cost.

Afterwards you can buy another pass.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Th fee to do it might be equal or- near to the small diff in price between 5 and 7 days. Much better to see if you an fit in some more trips.

Th fee to do it might be equal or- near to the small diff in price between 5 and 7 days. Much better to see if you an fit in some more trips.

Are you sure there is a fee to simply just change the duration of the pass? I thought it was 100% refundable if I have not activated it yet. 

You have to go to your account via the interrail website, and then you will see if you can cancel your pass or not, and at what cost.

Afterwards you can buy another pass.

Is there no other way to change my pass? I know I can cancel it, but it will take quite some time to process the refund. I would like to just try and get my pass changed as soon as possible instead, and receive a refund for the difference in the 2 passes. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can either cancel it or do an exchange. Cancelling from your account goes quite fast and is processed almost immediately. An exchange can take some time. But depending on the conditions of your pass (check your confirmation mail), a refund could have more costs.