Solved

How does travel days work and do I need an adult or youth pass?

Just making sure I am understanding the Europass correctly since I am unavailable to speak with an actual Eurorail agent. I am going to Europe in October for a little bit over 2 weeks and wanted to visit 4 major countries including Spain, France, Italy, and Germany. My concern is that traveling between some of these countries the trip would take about anywhere from 10-15 hours, I wanted to make sure that for every time i do travel on train per one destination it would only be accounted for one day. However if a certain trip went past midnight would that count as another day? on top of that I am 27 now however will be turning 28 end of this month should i get the youth or adult pass?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 7 July 2022, 00:45

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

On a travel day, you can use as many trains as you like. For night trains, as long as you don’t change after midnight, you don't need a new travel day.

As to your age: what counts is your age on the first day of validity. If you turn 28 this month and travel in October, you will need an adult pass.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

In the past EUrail had in fact 1000s of very small scale ´agents´-most were slightly smarter students who had been in EUR and learnt the ropes-they would make some money in commissions by re-selling passes-and taking all these USA-style  worries away. That is no more-also the era of all paper passes (noted for considerable fraud) has gone-as has last century too in 2000.

In the past there were also-who would ever have thought of that-even students- BOOKs, explaining it all. A certain Rick Steves was famous for that. Maybe the library still stocks a few.

So its all do-it-yourself now, no USA style ever present agents on the phone. Fetch for yourself-also when things do not go very rosy.