Solved

How fast is the pass exchange?

Hi. I really need your help. I bought 5day pass for me and my friend. And later we realized it is not enough and we need a 7day pass. But we are travelling this sunday. And i don´t know what to do. If i should buy a new one and request an exchange or just ask for refund for the old one. How long does it take to exchange the passes? Or how much sure can i be that they will refund my old pass? Please helpppppp! 

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 7 July 2022, 11:09

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

First you need to check that the conditions for your pass allow an exchange. The conditions are printed on the invoice and they should also be visible on your Interrail account. 

Then you need to buy the new pass and send the old and new pass numbers to Customer Support. They will, after some time, refund the price of the first pass less 15 EUR. If you bought Plus, then the exchange is free of charge. 

If you ask for a refund, the fee for making the refund is 15%. No fee if you bought Plus.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Here are the detailed information about refunds and exchanges 

https://www.interrail.eu/en/interrail-passes/ordering-info/refund-exchange-policy

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi. I really need your help. I bought 5day pass for me and my friend. And later we realized it is not enough and we need a 7day pass. But we are travelling this sunday. And i don´t know what to do. If i should buy a new one and request an exchange or just ask for refund for the old one. How long does it take to exchange the passes? Or how much sure can i be that they will refund my old pass? Please helpppppp! 

What will be your route maybe we find cheap routes so that you dont have to exchange :)

For example PRague - Vienna/Bratislava/Budapest you can get tickets that are cheaper as a Travelday of Interrail ;)