Solved

How make SECOND trip connecto the mobile pass?

I have one trip (in a few days)  arranged using my mobile pass. All in order, Eurostar reservations etc. But I want to arrange a SECOND trip in July. For this 2nd trip I have my Eurostar reservation. No matter how I do this (set up a trip first then select trains, or the other way round) it ONLY offers me the chance to link this 2nd trip to a PAPER Eurail pass. The only way I can link it to the MOBILE pass is if I add it to the pre-existing 1st trip - and THEN it tells me that I’ve used up my ‘out/in’ options and will have to book a train ticket separately within the UK. Am I totally misunderstanding how this works? I want to make MULTIPLE, unconnected, totally separate return trips, within the 3 months validity of my (1st class) Eurail pass. Is this actually possible?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 4 June 2022, 14:23

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There can only be ONE trip connected to a pass. In that trip, you add all journeys you wil be doing during the validity of that pass. In your case, that's all journeys during the 3-month validity.

For any Interrail pass, you can only use 2 of your travel days in your country of residence.

You can't have a Eurail pass, since you live in the UK.

So, to be clear, I can make whatever journeys I like, on whatever dates, within the validity of my pass, but I’ve used up my 2 travel days within the UK? That’s not a deal-breaker as I have a senior railcard in the UK and getting to London isn’t too expensive. I call it a Eurail pass - perhaps naively? - because all the emails that have come confirming various things have come from, er, Eurail.com. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

So, to be clear, I can make whatever journeys I like, on whatever dates, within the validity of my pass, but I’ve used up my 2 travel days within the UK? That’s not a deal-breaker as I have a senior railcard in the UK and getting to London isn’t too expensive. I call it a Eurail pass - perhaps naively? - because all the emails that have come confirming various things have come from, er, Eurail.com. 

Yes you already have used your two Traveldays in the UK means you need to get a ticket London to/from tarifborderpoint :)

Regarding emails it depends which newsletter you have applied for i´ve got e-mails mainly from Interrail.eu and in case of Customer support yes they are from Eurail.com as Eurail B.V. is the dutch company behind both offers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

So, to be clear, I can make whatever journeys I like, on whatever dates, within the validity of my pass, but I’ve used up my 2 travel days within the UK? That’s not a deal-breaker as I have a senior railcard in the UK and getting to London isn’t too expensive.

For the Eurostar pass holder fare, you also need a global pass valid in GB. If you book early though, normal fares aren't necessarily much more expensive though.