Solved

How many travel days does a sleeper train count as

• 6 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Im planning to travel from amsterdam to prague. I want to take first a sleeper train from amsterdam to berlin and then from berlin to prague a normal train. I depart the 6th from amsterdam and arrive the 7th in berlin. My question is does the train from berlin to prague count as another travel day?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 6 November 2023, 06:21

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The journey would count as 2 pass days since the departure day is what matters.

2 options to use a single pass day are now possible :

- regular ticket for the night train (57€ per person)

- regular ticket for Berlin - Prague : 602 CZK (25€)

Since I've told you on the other post that the night train would be cheaper without passes I'd choose that option. Book in advance since it's a popular route.

From March the night train will go directly from Brussels/Amsterdam to Prague, it will be quite helpful ! :)

Don't expect to make the 07:04 connection out of Berlin. Maybe you'll be able to but not sure. Since reservations are optional (recommended on weekends though) you've got flexibility with the pass. You make the train ? Good. Otherwise have breakfast around Berlin main station ;)

Why do you say i probably wont make the connection? I believe i have around 1 hour from the moment i arrive to berlin to the moment the train departs. Do sleeper trains tend to arrive not in time?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Mmmm yeah you're right : from 10th December 2023 the night train will arrive half an hour earlier. This leaves you quite some time.

Night trains tend to be delayed but I don't know if it's the case for this one too.

However I cannot find this train running on Saturday 6th January per europeansleeper.eu. Only on Friday and Monday in winter it seems.