Solved

How many travel days does an overnight train take? - Rail Planner App

• 12 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Hello everyone! I’m travelling from France with my friend with a mobile Pass. For our first trip we want to go from Paris to Ljubljana (Slovenia). One trip proposed by the app Rail Planner is Paris 16h00- Munich 21h30 and then Munich 23h20 - Ljubljana 6h00. I understood that during an overnight trip, if there wasn’t any change of train after midnight, no extra travel day was deducted. Here the train from Munich to Ljubljana is direct so no changes during the night, but on the app it is written “(+1 day)” for all the overnight trips. Does it really count as 2 travel days?

Thank you <3

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 12 April 2022, 15:21

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello everyone! I’m travelling from France with my friend with a mobile Pass. For our first trip we want to go from Paris to Ljubljana (Slovenia). One trip proposed by the app Rail Planner is Paris 16h00- Munich 21h30 and then Munich 23h20 - Ljubljana 6h00. I understood that during an overnight trip, if there wasn’t any change of train after midnight, no extra travel day was deducted. Here the train from Munich to Ljubljana is direct so no changes during the night, but on the app it is written “(+1 day)” for all the overnight trips. Does it really count as 2 travel days?

No, it's 1 travel day as long as you don't change after midnight. The planner just warns you that the arrival is the next day.

Thank youuuuuu so much!💚