Solved

How to add a shared trip to a pass

• 11 April 2023
  • 3 replies

HI all 

sorry this may have been asked a million times before. 

I have purchased rail passes for myself and my family. 

I have created a series of journeys for my trip and added it has registered against my pass. 

I have then shared my trip to my family and they can see the itinery but cannot add it to their pass. There is no option in the app to “add” a shared trip to their “my trip” or to associate thier pass with the trip details. 

Do we really need to add each journey individually on their respective “my trip”. ?? I would have thought it would be a simple 

1. share the trip 
  2. option to add shared trip to my pass

please help ? we have a week before we travel !! 

Thanks in advance. 

icon

Best answer by Mukhammad 13 April 2023, 10:46

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

HI all 

sorry this may have been asked a million times before. 

I have purchased rail passes for myself and my family. 

I have created a series of journeys for my trip and added it has registered against my pass. 

I have then shared my trip to my family and they can see the itinery but cannot add it to their pass. There is no option in the app to “add” a shared trip to their “my trip” or to associate thier pass with the trip details. 

Do we really need to add each journey individually on their respective “my trip”. ?? I would have thought it would be a simple 

1. share the trip 
  2. option to add shared trip to my pass

please help ? we have a week before we travel !! 

Thanks in advance. 

Hello @Lisa123,

If you plan to put all your family members' Passes in your device, please make sure to complete all journeys in the Trip registered to your Pass. Afterwards, please go to My Trip, tap the three dots on the right side of your Trip and tap "duplicate". Then, you can finalize to add the Trip.

If the other Passes are in different device(s), you need to tap your Trip, tap the three dots on the top right side and you can share the Trip as link to other family members.

I hope my explanation is clear for you. If you have any other question that is urgent, please contact our customer service team on https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new.

Have a nice day!

This shares no problem, however you cannot then allocate that trip to the pass on the other persons phone so we are in the same position that we have to add each individual journey to the new pass

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

This shares no problem, however you cannot then allocate that trip to the pass on the other persons phone so we are in the same position that we have to add each individual journey to the new pass

A single Pass can only be connected to a single Trip. If your family members have already created the Trips connected to their Passes, they'll have to deactivate their Passes. Then, go to the connected Trip. Tap the three dots next to it and choose "Edit". Disconnect the Pass and save changes.

Afterwards, they'll have to connect their Passes to the Trip you shared with them.

I hope it will be helpful for you. If you have any other question, please let me know again!