How to count travel days?

• 13 August 2023
  • 6 replies

if i plan my trip with the interrailplanner and i select my start and end destination directly i get a pass for less days. but if i select my start and end destination with the train stops i pay more. How to use the interrailplanner correctly?

Al_G 8 months ago

A day is midnight to midnight.

One 5 minute train ride counts for a full day as does spending the entire day hopping from train to train.

You also have the allowance to travel into the following day on any train that you board before midnight for as long as that journey takes.

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I would personaly don't use the planner. Simply plan by your own how many day you need. 

If you enter a train before midnight and after midnight you don't change trains than you need only 1 day instead of 2. 

To plan use bahn.com or the DB Navigator App to gen an idea what trains you could take.

but I don’t understand how I need to count the days that I can use the pass. So if I take the 7 day pass does that mean that my total travel time combined can be 7 days.( like 6 hours to berlin + 6 to prague)

I would personaly don't use the planner. Simply plan by your own how many day you need. 

If you enter a train before midnight and after midnight you don't change trains than you need only 1 day instead of 2. 

To plan use bahn.com or the DB Navigator App to gen an idea what trains you could take.

but I don’t understand how I need to count the days that I can use the pass. So if I take the 7 day pass does that mean that my total travel time combined can be 7 days.( like 6 hours to berlin + 6 to prague)

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

No, it works on calendar days. 

If you use 1 or 80 trains on (for example) 15 august 2023 you will use ONE travel day. 

Okay Thank you very much!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

A day is midnight to midnight.

One 5 minute train ride counts for a full day as does spending the entire day hopping from train to train.

You also have the allowance to travel into the following day on any train that you board before midnight for as long as that journey takes.