Solved

how to plan a trip when the website doesn't answer your question

• 30 April 2023
  • 7 replies

I would like to travel from amsterdam to rome, then rome to bonn, then dunkirk to london, then london to zagreb

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 30 April 2023, 23:18

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

What is your question ? For planning use bahn.de, it is a very reliable planner. Your journeys are quite long.

Amsterdam - Rome -> very long travel day or night train to Switzerland first and then daytime trains to Rome

Rome - Bonn doable in a day

Dunkirk - London -> ferry to Dover and train to London OR train to Lille and then Eurostar to London

London - Zagreb would take a full day + a night train from Stuttgart to Zagreb.

What would be your travel dates ? Eurostar between the UK and Europe can sell out weeks in advance. Same goes for night trains but they can be avoided by stopping somewhere en-route for a night

Edit : I've looked at your profile. Eurail covers at least 95% of European railways. It works by companies, all major ones are included : French, German, Italian Railways. The Eurail Global Pass is your ticket, you can board any train you'd like with it. You need to add seat reservations on some high-speed trains + night trains. In your case Eurostar to and from the UK (30€) and Milan - Rome (10€)

thanks! i had to put it in like that just to make it do something...actually between two places i will get a ride in a car

ah! so it might actually be less expensive to go to london another way, even if i have a eurailpass

part of my problem was i couldn’t tell from the website map if i could go to/from smaller towns/villages?

also, for eurostar to and from london is the thirty euros each way or round trip? thanks y’all

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

also, for eurostar to and from london is the thirty euros each way or round trip?

That's one way.

part of my problem was i couldn’t tell from the website map if i could go to/from smaller towns/villages?

You can use your pass on any train of the participating operators and you can go to any station they serve. That map only shows some of the railways lines and only some of the bigger stations.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes Eurostar is rather expensive (regular tickets are usually a lot more expensive) but it is the only railway link to the UK. It sells out weeks in advance for that reason and as there is a quota too…

Check availability here : https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Booking/Pass#TravelWish

If there were to have no available seats for your date, let us know and we'll have a look. There are alternatives : Flixbus, ferry or such