Solved

How to use mobile app when I've already added reservations through website

• 16 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi, all!  I bought a pass for 5 members of my family for upcoming travel.  I also purchased reservations (for all 5 of us) through the website for two different trains.  I have not activated our passes yet.

Now with our trip approaching I was trying to set up the mobile app, and discovered that the trips I created online don’t carry over.  While traveling, I was planning to use the mobile app to activate the pass, activate travel days, and add additional tickets for trains that don’t require reservations.  But I can’t figure out how this will work with the two trips I’ve already booked.

I was thinking I could do everything through the website instead, but I can’t see how to get tickets for trains that don’t require reservations through the website.  Can someone help me with how to proceed?  We leave in a week and I’m beginning to regret buying these passes; everything has been so complicated.  :(  Thanks for any help!

icon

Best answer by Olga. 19 July 2023, 16:28

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Reservations and the pass are completely separate.

In the app (or on a paper pass), you always have to add the trains you will be using, whether you have a reservation or not.

Userlevel 1

Hi, all!  I bought a pass for 5 members of my family for upcoming travel.  I also purchased reservations (for all 5 of us) through the website for two different trains.  I have not activated our passes yet.

Now with our trip approaching I was trying to set up the mobile app, and discovered that the trips I created online don’t carry over.  While traveling, I was planning to use the mobile app to activate the pass, activate travel days, and add additional tickets for trains that don’t require reservations.  But I can’t figure out how this will work with the two trips I’ve already booked.

I was thinking I could do everything through the website instead, but I can’t see how to get tickets for trains that don’t require reservations through the website.  Can someone help me with how to proceed?  We leave in a week and I’m beginning to regret buying these passes; everything has been so complicated.  :(  Thanks for any help!

Hello! In order to travel with your pass, you need to add the journeys in the app. You can do so by following the instructions here: https://www.eurail.com/en/eurail-passes/eurail-mobile-pass/getting-started. If you need further assistance, please contact our customer support.