I bought a 15 in 2 month pass. Did I receive the discount?

• 12 May 2022
  • 7 replies

I paid £493 + insurance for a global pass 15 days in 2 months

Did I recieve 50% discount

The reason I bought ticket/pass was because I believed I was obtaining above discount 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I paid £493 + insurance for a global pass 15 days in 2 months

Did I recieve 50% discount

The reason I bought ticket/pass was because I believed I was obtaining above discount 

The discount Was just for the Continouspasses of 1 Month 2Months or 3months and not for the Flexpass options with x traveldays in y Months.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

So-IF you had been so smart to have paid a little more attention-you could have had for same money much more as double the time to use trains ´on the continent´. I paid 406€ for 3 month 2nd cl (senior)

It was to celebrate the 50 yr original InterRail-and tht was at that time only available as booklet for juniors <22 for 1 month train travel OUT of own country-but then still inclduing Morocco and it was also quite feasible to reach the outer ends of Turkey and spend many nights asleep in trains without any need for pesky REServations and the like. And-uhh- you had to wear an oversized bekpek and stinky socks.

What can I do about my error

It was my first eurail pass and I was attracted by offer..the press release was misleading. The publicity made no mention of selected passes (in uk anyway)

Pissed off now

I don't work currently due to depression and this was for therapy

Now I feel even worse

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

As you didn't buy the discounted pass you should be able to get a refund if you don't want to keep the pass. At least if you bought the pass through Interrail this should be possible. The refund is connected to a fee.

I took out the insurance...Feel stupid and depressed...I told dozens of folk about it and messed up myself

EURAIL is seemingly little known amongst my circles in England anyway

Feel conned in some ways

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Did you buy an Eurail or Interrail Pass? Because for UK people you need Interrail and Eurail had no discount. 

For your next Interrail you can buy also via National Rail Website your Interrail Pass myinterrail.co.uk

I discovered the deal here https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/interrail-europe-train-50-years-b2072914.html

As I knew nothing about scheme and felt pressure due to time limit I bought (what I believed) the most mist flexible pass

I'm 58 and wanted to really check Germany and some surrounding territory for historical and cultural and therapeutic reasons