Solved

I don't want a mobile pass. Why can't I get a paper pass?

• 12 August 2021
  • 9 replies

When I check out for a global pass, the only option it gives me is mobile -- no way to get a paper pass. How do I get a paper pass? I’m in the USA.

icon

Best answer by Nanja 16 August 2021, 16:30

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Yeah EURAIL itself try to sell in the future just mobile passes :/ 

But you can buy online from German Rail or even at German Ticket offices still the classic Paper pass :) Note that these passes will be without the Plus Insurance provided by Eurail

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi unfortunately we have been experiencing issues when delivering paper Passes outside of Europe. We are working hard to solve these issues but, in the meantime, to avoid delayed deliveries or lost packages, we are currently only offering the electronic version of the Pass (the '’mobile Pass'’).As mentioned by seewulf, there are alternative options to purchase the paper Pass. 

What are the other option to get a paper pass. I am in South Africa 

I dont feel comfortable with the mobile pass

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

As above; in SOME countries-mostly DE, AT, perhaps CH (the german speakers) one can-but only at SOME main stations-and the big airports, buy on the spot. Now you all start to protest to not be able to make these pesky RES-as such for most it is not even needed to have the pass already-but this varies.

As many of you aim for GB: there are stiull also local agents there who do paper passes=but then I dk if its also for EUrail-for INterRail yes.

In SOME countries there MAY-these get fewer every year, local agents still having a stock of it-but I highly doubt if ZA is with them. These must then usually be validated=that means start/end date printed on, before first use.

Thank you. We need proof of the pass to obtain a Schengen visa so buying when we arrive is not an option

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Erika Stutterheim As far as I can understand when reading the requirements for South Africans applying for a Schengen visa you need to have a flight ticket to/from the area and then you can write the rest of your itinerary in a letter. I can't see that you need to show the Eurail pass, but I might be missing that.

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/schengen-visa-application-requirements/south-africa/

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

What are the other option to get a paper pass. I am in South Africa 

You can select a paper pass in the first step of the checkout.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thank you. We need proof of the pass to obtain a Schengen visa so buying when we arrive is not an option

I find it difficult to believe that every South African applying for a Schengen pass needs a Eurail pass, surely many hire cars or simply buy transport tickets as they travel?