Solved

I entered the wrong country of residence

• 25 April 2022
  • 9 replies

Hello, 

I have purchased a mobile interrail pass few weeks back for a trip in may/june and I realise just now that the country of residence is France. I am french but I live in Sweden and would start my trip from there.

Can you manage to change it by any chance? I plan on doing my first trip on May 12th.

Thanks a lot

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 26 April 2022, 00:03

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey

Did you contact the customer support team? Your country of residence might be amendable but I can’t guarantee.. If it’s not possible to amend, you would need to purchase a new pas with the correct info and get refund on the previous pass.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you live in Sweden, then your country of residence is Sweden.

@mishy I’ve been trying to contacting them twice in 2 weeks and still no reply. I also tried facebook I also didn’t got an answer :( hopefully I’ll get a reply from them soon

@rvdborgt I know but I made a mistake when filling the form :( 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

OK. If your trip is in May or June, then you'll have to wait for customer service.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hello, 

I have purchased a mobile interrail pass few weeks back for a trip in may/june and I realise just now that the country of residence is France. I am french but I live in Sweden and would start my trip from there.

Can you manage to change it by any chance? I plan on doing my first trip on May 12th.

Thanks a lot

Hi MaiweennB, If you live in Sweden, then your country of residence is Sweden. You can find here more information about the country of residence: https://www.interrail.eu/en/support/interested-in-interrailing/what-is-my-country-of-residence. Cheers,

Badge

@MaiwennB 

Hello, 

Did you manage to change your country of residence?

Hello @Tarik Alam after a month I manage to reach customer service through twitter where I was told I could only buy a new pass (with the right country of residence) which would be exchanged with my old pass for a fee of 15€. 

@MaiwennB 

I have the exact same problem.

Did they change it before or after you used your first travel day? 

What adresse did you put in when you did the purchase?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@MaiwennB

I have the exact same problem.

Did they change it before or after you used your first travel day? 

What adresse did you put in when you did the purchase?

If you have started to use your pass, Customer Support can't do any changes to it.