Solved

i got the wrong global pass

So I won a global pass with DiscoverEu but instead of getting a 30 day pass, the app says I have the "7 travel days within 1 month" pass

Has this happened to anyone else?

What should I do? 

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 22 July 2022, 08:26

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There was no 30 day pass from DiscoverEU. There is either a flexi pass of 7 days in a month or a fixed value of 251 EUR to travel for. In the fixed option you get the tickets and reservations from an agent connected to DiscoverEU. 

There was no 30 day pass from DiscoverEU. There is either a flexi pass of 7 days in a month or a fixed value of 251 EUR to travel for. In the fixed option you get the tickets and reservations from an agent connected to DiscoverEU. 

Maybe I didn't understand correctly but from the text above (its the screenshot of an email) I was lead to believe that it was a 30 day pass

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes, indeed you did not understand it: it says UP to=that means can be anything from 1 till 31.

It works like this (I am far too old for this, but from numerous other questions): you get a kind of ´purse´ of 251€ to spend on tickets-and that is exactly the price of a 7 days in 1 month InterRailPass for junior-so you can travel/leave home for a month, but use trains on only MAX 7 days in that period. You can also stay away longer-but then have to fork out yourself for last trip home. AND-it is valid in 33 countries, even more as those of EU only (NOrway, GB, Swiss etc.)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Maybe I didn't understand correctly but from the text above (its the screenshot of an email) I was lead to believe that it was a 30 day pass

OK. Then you received your pass in an earlier issue than the one now in April. In the issue now in April there were only the 7 day in a month and the 251 EUR option.

Only DiscoverEU can help you with this 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I checked the DiscoverEU page and I can agree that the writing can make you believe that you can travel on every day during the month, but if you read closer you see that it is the validity of the pass that is one month and that you only will be able to travel by train on a few of those days.

Basically you could leave your home on a certain day and travel to a city, stay there for a couple of days, travel to a new place and stay, and so on and then on your 7th travel day you return home within the month. 

The month is calculated like this. If you start on the 5th in a month you can travel to the 4th in the next month. 

A travel day is from 00.00-23.59 CET